12.17.2010

Life in a Post/Cute Crochet Fox Hat!

This week has been crazy! We have a few get togethers over last weekend and went shopping. Then Monday night Doodle got really sick. Throwing up in her sleep sick! :( It's working its way through the family right now. Robin doesn't feel well and threw up last night. *sigh* I am drinking Ginger Ale and telling myself it's because I've seen so many other people throw up. But I don't feel exactly perfect.

Other than THAT. I've started a new book this week!

Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen. I am enjoying it a lot actually. Even though it is a teen book and Sarah Dessen is a teen author, this book seems more grown up. It's because the main character, Auden (which is a cute girl name by the way!) didn't have much of a childhood. She matured too quickly under the intellegence of her parents, who pushed her to succeed rather than have fun. That's a complete different world to me. Lol. Success without fun is pointless!

I made Becky from Strumpets Crumpets two adorable hats! She requested a child and adult size fox hat this year for Christmas. She asked me last year for Christmas too and one of her cousins got a little foxy hat! It wasn't as cute as these if you ask me!! I had a hard time last year with the ears, but this year they were so much easier!

Cute Fox Hat

This is the adult size hat, for Becky.
beckys hat 2
eli's hat

This is the child sized hat.

There isn't that much difference between the two. I made the ears ont he child hat a little more perky, just cause, it's a kid! It's so funny, when I was finishing the hats, Robin and Doodle were watching Milo & Otis and there was that adorbs little fox running all over the place!

So, Do you guys feel like this year was a good one? Have you stuck with any of your resolutions?

I've stuck with one.
Hairs

Growing My Hair for a Year. This time last year was the last time I cut my hair. I got it cut to shoulder length to even it all up. I want to cut my hair now, but at the same time I want to let it grow.


2 comments:

Elis said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE THOSE HATS!!! If you'd ever want to do a handmade swap or anything, let me know--I'd love to have a Heather original!! :D :D :D

Becky Farley said...

such pretty hair!!!! I wish I'd let mine grow!

Everyone,
Heather is the most awesome, wonderful fox hat crocheter EVER!!!! :) My family loves them SO much!! YOu are so awesome Heather!! :) Thank you so much x 100!