One of the coolest things about Chistmas to me is the fact that the music that we listen to is in it's very own genre! Summer doesn't have a genre and neither does fall, but Christmas has it own unique sound! Every band pretty much has a Christmas album tucked away somewhere in their history! It's so much fun hearing my favorite bands come out with their own style of classic Christmas songs or even better making new ones!
A few years back I sat down and made my own Christmas playlist and every year I listen to it! It's a compelation of traditional and new Christmas tunes that make me so happy and in the "Christmas Spirit!"
1. John Lennon- Happy Christmas
2. The Drifters- White Chiristmas (Home Alone) I giggle everytime I hear this song and it never gets old!!
3. Brenda Lee- Jingle Bell Rock
4. Casting Crowns- Christmas Offering
5. Save Ferris- Christmas Wrapping (this is so funny! and kinda anti-christmas!)
6. Frank Sinatra (swoon)- Santa Claus Is Coming to Town
7. Bing Crosby- White Christmas (So, lovely!!)
8. Nat King Cole- O Holy Night
9. Trans Siberian Orchestra- Carol of the Bells (this song is a HUGE jam in our family!)
10. Alvin and the Cipmunks- Chirstmas
11.Paul McCartney- Wonderful Christmas Time
12. Jimmy Eat World- Last Christmas
13. The Grinch Song
14. Cindy Lou-Who/ Faith Hill - Where are You Christmas?
15. Brenda Lee- Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
16. Down Here- How Many Kings (I could listen to this one all year long! So Beautiful. Just listen to the lyrics!)
See what I mean? Christmas music is so much fun! There are Christmas songs that move me so much, like the last one. The first time I heard it was last year and I cried. Lyrically, it's so beautiful! How many kings stepped down from their thrones? ... How many fathers gave up their sons for me? Only one did that for me... *sigh*
There are tons more, but these are just the ones I have on my Ipod. What songs do you love for Christmas time!? What songs just make the magic of Christmas to you?!
ps; crafty friends, what do you think about web rings? I'm thinking of making a crafty/crochet web ring so that all crochet lovers can be in one spot! I am looking for more crochet blogs and if you know of some please share! I love looking around at what other people are working on! The web ring would be FREE, no sponors or anything, just a page dedicated to crafty people! How awesome would that be? Tell me your thoughts!