10.27.2010

A Happy First


I'm not used to winning things so this is all very exciting to me!!! Elisabeth from Zomboid.com gave me this lovely Versatile Blogger Award! I am so happy and thrilled! I know a few people read this, but that they find it interesting is mind blowing in a way. It's an awesome feeling!! So, Elisabeth thank you so much! You've made me so happy!!

So, here are the rules to accepting the award!!
1. Thank and link back to who gave you the award. (SO DONE!)
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass it along to 7 blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy
4. Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award.


SEVEN STUFF:

1. I cannot watch scary movies. At all. Ever since I was a little kid I've had nightmares after watching scary movies. I'm not talking about one nightmare.. like everynight for weeks. I guess my mind just can't handle it. I watched one of the Saw movies with Robin when we dated and I had to leave to go throw up. It really just messes me up! I wish it didn't, but it does. So, the scariest movie I've ever watched would probably be Are You Afraid of the Dark. Ha, I am such a dweeb! I know I've seen some... but my memory is totally failing right now. ;) ha.

2. I should wear two different shoe sizes. My right foot is an 11 in womens & my left is a 10. So 11s fit, but are loose on one foot. Tens fit but are tight on one foot. Makes shoe shopping a TOTAL NIGHTMARE. *sigh*

3. I am a little sister. I have a Big Brother. I call him Bubba to this day. Doodle even calls him Bubba. We used to fight so bad with one another growing up. I always thought he was so cool though. He played guitar and listened to cool music and hung out with interesting people. He was never apart of the "IN" crowd, but he had the most interesting friends. I think part of them influenced who I am today. I think it helped me not be afraid to just be myself.

4. I sing. At church I lead a ton of songs and I play the piano on a lot of them too. I've been told I should go on to American Idol.. but I know those people were just being nice. I love & hate to sing. I love it because I've been doing it since I was about 6 and it's just who I am. I hate it because it puts you OUT THERE. It's a huge leap of faith for me, because I am really self concious and judgemental of myself....

5. I LOVE to read. I've read countless books this year. It would take too long for me to count but I'm sure it would take both hands. I really love Y.A. books, but I'm branching out of that genre into more adult themes. I started reading classic novels this year too... Pride & Prejudice.. A Picture of Dorian Gray.

6. I have TERRIBLE eyesight. I have an astigmitism in both my eyes & two differnt perscriptions in each as well. I can't wear contacts because they dry out my eyes like CRAZY. I also have a ton of "floaters" in my eyes. Floaters are scratches that you can actually see...

7. My mom is a breast cancer survivor!!! When I was 7 she was diagnosed with breast cancer. I remember it being really odd that she wasn't at home a lot and all of our family was at our house 8 hours away. So, breast cancer is a really close subject to my heart. It's one of the reasons I chose to breastfeed. Women who breastfeed have a lower risk of devloping breast cancer. And babies who were breastfed also have fewer risks of having breast cancer. I know that my mom's grandmom had breast cancer. I've always heard that it skips a generation and I want to protect Doodle as much as I could! :) Thanks to Breastfeeding I have a JOB! I'm a breastfeeding peer counselor at my local WIC office! So, if you mamas out there ever have any questions about the boobs, I'm totally here for that!!! ;)

YAY! I guess you guys will know me a little bit better now! It feels strange bearing all that to you guys, I hope you don't think I'm crazy about the scary movies, but it's totally true!! Ask any of my friends!

Now, I would like to award these lovley bloggers! They make me smile, want to get online, inspire me and I find them so interesting!!

1. Becky from Strumpets Crumpets

2. Cuppy from Miss Cuppy

3. Chelsey from Always Learning

4. Jen from Miss Jen

5. Kelly from Get The Words Out

6. Lucy at Attic 24

7. Mandy from She Breathes Deeply

Thank you ladies for making my days full of inspiration and fun! Your blogs are really dear to me!!!xoxo

Hope you all enjoyed!!! Thanks again Elisabeth! YOU ROCK!!!!

7 comments:

Courtney said...

Awesome! I haven't heard of some of those blogs yet- I can't wait to check them out!

amy said...

You deserve it lovely ~ !!

Jennifer Louise said...

Thank you Heather lovely!

My first award hoorah! I enjoy reading your blog too.

I just noticed you grabbed my button, and it's being a pain to your sidebar.

I've fixed the problem now, so if you re-grab the code it should be fine now. Silly me!

x

katie said...

Oh my gosh, I have the same problem with shoe shopping! my right foot is longer than my left. and I have have big feet too,a size 10 fits one foot, but an 11 fits my other foot better! haha.

xo, Katie

heather dawn said...

courtney- i'm sure you will love them!!

amy- thank you dear :)
jennifer- i was okay with it being a pain, but thank you for fixing it! I will go get it now!

katie- OH MY GOODNESS! What do you do? Do you normally get the bigger size, if you can? Or just go with 10s cause they are easier to find?

Mandy said...

Thanks girl! You are so sweet!!! And have I mentioned how much I lovvvvve your etsy shop? The chained cowl necklaces are killer.

Love,
Mandy

chelsey. said...

aww, thank you!

inner monologue is my life, haha...but i usually end up narrating out loud my thoughts and what i'm doing. and sometimes I sing it. so silly!

thanks for the award and for reading and commenting! i appreciate it so much!


breastfeeding allll the way. ever since I was old enough to make a baby my mom has been reciting the benefits of breastfeeding, and if I'm ever blessed with kids that's definitely what I plan to do (or my mom will kill me!!).