11.12.2010

Currently Reading & Doing:



I've started a new book! My first one since reading Redeeming Love! I read Reedeming Love many months ago & just didn't want to leave that story in my mind. I'm very mentally involved in the stories I read and if they are really good I don't want to start a new book. It's proably really strange sounding, but I guess it's my way of respecting what I just read by letting it stay with me. Or I'm just weird. That's totally plausable. ha.

Anyways, this here book is quite interesting. There are a lot of themes and imagery. I've never read a book quite like it. The story is beautifully written and the way that it provokes thought and self examination is impressive. The entire book is written in third person, but each chapter is focused from one character's point of view.

All in all, I am enjoying this book! I even stayed up the other night to read! I haven't stayed up late reading in a long time!

Last night the hubs and I watched this movie. It was okay. I totally predicted the plot as the movie unfolded. I kinda do that a lot. The filmography was pretty, though. I love how movies are looking more like beautiful paintings now. They are so vivid and artistic. There are a couple of scence in the woods that are other wordly and I could tell that they filmed in Vancouver. I was thinking the whole time that the movie looked like Twilight. Zac Efron is actually a really good actor. I was suprised. At least I think he is. So, it's a good movie to watch and do some crocheting to.
And speaking of Zac Efron.. I just found out he's playing the character of Logan Tibolt, from The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks. I'm a little confused though. Why is a 24 year old playing the role of a 30 year old who will fall in love with a 30 year old? I just have a really good feeling that the romance part of this movie is going to be... strange. Not at all like it is in the book. It's kind of upsetting, because the book was so good. I guess it is true that the book is ALWAYS better than the movie.
My newest project isn't turning out like I had hoped. I'll give you guys an update on that with some pictures soon.
What are you ladies up to this weekend? How have you been spending your shortened days?


No comments: