12.28.2009

Blah Week

today things like...
randomly picking up bits of the house
stolen moments with Doodle
trying to nap but getting phone calls
quick trips outside then
noticing that p.j's & tank tops are
NOT suitable for outside right now
writing down resolutions
organizmessing yarn
(not quite organizing.. really just moving the mess)
smelling sugar plum fairie tarts
eating mac & cheese outta the pot
and trying to stay awake
... are happening.

seems this week has little meaning when Christmas has just passed and New Year's is right behind, but I am excited to take a friend half way home. I'm going to Atlanta Wednesday and I hope to have a camera working by then :) there's a TWO STORY Target you should all be jealous of. :)

This past week was amazing though. Opening Christmas presents on Christmas morning. I had forgotten how magical it is. Even though Doodle doesn't really know what Christmas is yet, she was STOKED to RIP paper and get new toys. I could see that much in her eyes. She is wore out though. Waking up early everyday and seeing so many people really makes her sleepy. She's taken three naps already today... which is a lot. We've also had company this week! Natalie and her hubby, Duck came and spent the night with us. They are so fun to be around and I always have such a great time with them. I really wish they lived closer so we could hang out more. Natalie cleaned up my laundry room & folded all of our clothes while we were at church... she is a angel I tell you. Only an angel would fold that many clothes and be happy about it. It was really sweet and I kinda cried a little about it. She also got me the most AWESOME presents ever. (She does every year, but she just knows my sweet spots so it's easy for her) I got a BEST FRIEND embroidery wall hanging.. it looks like half of a heart best friend necklace. ITS FREAKING ADORABLE! A hand painted tea mug that says "I love tea." Which I do! A pair of handmade ear rings and a knitting book!!! Lovely gifts, lovely people. I want to do it more often... we can leave out the gifts IF we HAVE to. :)
I hope everyone had a great Christmas week.
I really did.
I think it was the best one I have ever had.
Let's make this week count too!




No comments: